WHAT IS DRIVING LICENCE REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE (RC)?
A registration certificate is a mandatory document required as specified by the Government of India, for vehicle owners while they are driving. The Certificate of Registration (RC) is issued by the RTO and acts as proof that the vehicle is registered with the RTO Office.
If you are caught by the officials without a valid registration certificate for your vehicle, it will be deemed an offence by the authorities. The penalty could include a fine or imprisonment, or both of them. A new initiative has been brought forward by the Government where you have your RC information embedded in a smart card.
The Smart Card contains the following:
- Vehicle's Registration Number
- Engine number of the Vehicle
- Date of Registration
- Vehicle Type
- Vehicle's Colour
- Seating Capacity of the Vehicle.
- Model Number.
- Chassis Number
Documents required for Driving Licence Registration Certificate (RC)?
- PAN Card
- Proof of Address
- Invoice of the vehicle
- Form 21
- Form 20
- Form 22 and 22A
- Form 34
- Passport sized-photograph
- Invoice of the vehicle
How to apply for Driving Licence Registration Certificate (RC)?
- Visit the concerned RTO Office.
- Get your vehicle inspected by an RTO Official.
- You will be required to submit form 20 attached with the necessary documents.
- An imprint of the vehicle chassis number will be taken by the RTO Official.
- Make the payment.
How to check the status of your Driving Licence Registration Certificate Online?
If you have applied for the Driving Licence Registration Certificate (RC), you can check the status of your application using the application number or your vehicle number.
Check the status of RC with your Application Number
- Visit the online portal of Parivahan Sewa
- Go to the "Online Services Tab".
- Click on the "Vehicle Related Services" Tab.
- From the drop-down menu, select your "State"
- Choose the concerned RTO from the dropdown menu and then hit on "proceed".
- Provide your registration number and then hit "Submit".
- You will find a "Status" tab on the top-right side of the website. Click on it.
- From the dropdown menu, select "Know your Application Status".
- Provide your "Application Number" and then hit "Submit".
- You will be able to access the details after you click on "View Report".
Check the Status of your RC with your Vehicle Number
- Visit the online portal of Vahan.
- Provide your "Vehicle Number".
- Provide the "Verification Code" (Captcha).
- Hit on "Search Vehicle to know your vehicle registration status".
What is the process for RC Renewal?
The Registration Certificate (RC) is valid for fifteen years. At the end of the RC's validity, you will be required to renew it for further usage as long as the concerned Regional Transport Office (RTO) deems the vehicle to be fit.
Follow the steps below for RC Renewal:
- Fill out Form 25 with the correct details
- Go to the concerned RTO office and submit the form.
- Make the required payment.
Documents required for RC renewal
- RC Book
- Vehicle's Pollution Under Control (VPUC) Certificate.
- Registration Certificate
- Form 25
- Insurance certificate of the Vehicle.
- Fitness Certificate of the Vehicle.
- Pan Card Copy and Form 60 and 61.
- Engine Pencil and Chassis Pencil Print.
- Signature identification of the vehicle's owner.
- Road Tax payment documents.
RC is a mandatory document required to drive a vehicle legally on the road. If you are found without a valid RC, repercussions could follow in the form of fines or imprisonment, or both. We hope that this article gave you a detailed overview of the complete RC process.